Sunday 15 December 2013

Am I an alien?

   My name is Margo Van Mars and I am older than you think. My life is a complete mystery and I am convinced that I come from another planet. The colour of my skin is not green and I do not have pixie ears, but my difference is in the way I think, feel and experience things around me. 

   This recognition that I am weird started at an early age. Often events would happen that I couldn't explain, other people seemed to be able to interpret them but I felt struck dumb by them. Perhaps I ought to stop talking and write about my world then maybe you will understand how confusing this existence is.

   I was told at an early age that I was born into the O'Dear family. This was my first cause for concern as I look like neither of my parents. They are tall, dark, brown eyed and have a European complexion. When I stare at myself in the mirror, a fair, petite blond haired girl looks back at me.  The second area that seems odd, is that my parents tend to speak a different language at home. It seems, however much I try, even as a young O'Dear, I was unable to pick up their mother tongue. It just all sounded, and still does, like gibberish. My elder brother's, again all dark and tall, three in all, have no problem communicating in this foreign language. So in this strange world I feel excluded, alone and often lonely. 


1 comment: